Peer Support Learning Coalition
Peer Support Learning Coalition: Peers to Pearls
These no-cost reoccurring gatherings of Peer Support Specialsits focus on effectively building PSS skills, including motivational strategies and techniques, problem solving, and critical thinking. Attendees will receive training to enhance their employment opportunities and navigate the responsibilities of a Peer Support Specialist. These sessions are also networking opportunities to get to know others.
There are no scheduled in-person gatherings at this time.
We are finalizing plans to gather together via video conference. Please check back for more information soon.
Date & Time:
Registration: Registration Required. Free admittance.
WHO MAY ATTEND
These educational sessions are open to:
- NC Peer Support Specialists already working in the behavioral health field
- Individuals seeking PSS employment, who have already graduated from a certified NC Peer Support Specialist training
- Community stakeholders with an interest in Peer Support and recovery endeavors
No costPrevious Topics
- Mental Health First Aid
- NCCPSS Values and Code of Ethics
- Yalom Group Model for Peer Specialists
- Self Care (Part 1): Avoiding Burnout
- Harm Reduction 101
- Self Care (Part 2): Path of Transformation - Elements of Change