Whole Health Action Management
A guide to teach skills to better self-manage chronic physical health conditions, and mental health illness and addiction also known as Behavioral Health. The goal of which is to achieve whole health. In the context of these sessions, whole health is defined as having a healthy mind and body.
Exploring what the member sees as possible in regard to creating and self-managing healthier lifestyles. Members are encouraged to identify healthy habits they would like to incorporate into their lives. Once identified, members will create action plans and collaborate with other members who share the same habits and objectives
Beginning May 21st on Thursdays and Saturdays at noon.
- May 21 (Thur) 12:00 noon
- May 23 (Sat) 12:00 Noon
- May 28 (Thur) 12:00 noon
- May 30 (Sat) 12:00 Noon
- June 4 (Thur) 12:00 noon
- June 6 (Sat) 12:00 Noon
- June 11 (Thur) 12:00 noon
- June 13 (Sat) 12:00 Noon
- June 18 (Thur) 12:00 noon
- June 20 (Sat) 12:00 Noon
- June 25 (Thur) 12:00 noon
- June 27 (Sat) 12:00 Noon
Classes are free and open to all members. However, members that are interested in contact hours and certificates must attend all 12 sessions and there is an expectation that some work will be conducted outside of the class sessions. Attendance will be kept for all members to ensure appropriate contact hours have been met. Active participation is required for those seeking contact hours.
WHO MAY ATTEND
This training is appropriate for anyone interested in a person-centered planning process in 10 health and resiliency factors to help you create a concise whole health goal to begin the self-management process.
ABOUT THE TRAINING
Training Topics include:
- The Science of Stress: Stress Response, The Relaxation Response
- Improve Your Health: Healthy Eating, Physical Activity, Restful Sleep
- Maintaining a Positive Attitude: Optimism Based on Positive Expectations, Cognitive Skills to Avoid Negative Thinking
- Demonstrating Some Practical Screening Tasks:
- Health Risks, Shared decision making, Blood pressure, Cholesterol, HIV, Hepatitis C, COVID Awareness Strategies for safety
- Setting Overall Health/Resiliency Goals
- Prioritizing Goals
- Setting a Person-Centered Goal
- Weekly Action Plan
- Mechanics and Practices of a Personal Log
Cost Per Person: Free